Oglas namijenjen i osobama čije je školovanje u toku
Title Project Assistant
Job ID 33827
Practice Area - Job Family Environment and Energy
Vacancy End Date 04/12/2020 (Midnight New York, USA)
Duty Station Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Education & Work Experience C-HS Graduate or Equivalent - 5 year(s) experience, G-Bachelor's Level Degree - 2 year(s) experience
Languages Required: English
Vacancy Type Service Contract (SC)
Posting Type External
Bureau Europe & the CIS
Contract Duration 12 months
BIH citizens only
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Under the direct supervision of the Climate Change Adaptation (CCA) Project Manager, the Project Assistant will support the implementation of the „Integrated Reporting and Transparency System of Bosnia and Herzegovina (CBIT) project funded by the Global Environmental Facility (GEF).
CBIT Project will provide Bosnia and Herzegovina with an overarching structure across all sectors and key institutions that will ensure high quality in its transparency instruments, as well as creating the capacities to foster the improved adoption of Measurement, Reporting and Verification (MRV) related data for policy decisions. Additionally, it will ensure the establishment of a robust MRV/Enhanced transparency system from its design to its implementation. This MRV/Enhanced transparency system will provide the country with more robust and reliable data flows yet will have the flexibility to adapt to guidance on the Enhanced Transparency Framework under the Paris Agreement as it evolves. The CBIT funding will ensure an improved governance structure in BiH that will define clear roles and responsibilities within the institutions, standardized data protocols and methodologies.
CBIT funding will also be used to improve MRV in different key sectors within BiH. For this, new data and data flows will be generated that can in time provide periodic information for the development and monitoring of mitigation actions and policies. Moreover, specific training and capacity building in data analysis will provide the sectorial institutions with new tools to tap into data that historically have not been gathered.
The overall project objective is to enable Bosnia and Herzegovina to develop its capacity to meet the requirements of the transparency framework under the Paris Agreement on Climate Change. The project will attain higher-level change by contributing to the achievement of environmental objectives in BiH in three ways: strengthening institutions to improve monitoring and reporting praxis, establishing a domestic climate change MRV system, and improving information that forms the basis for GHG inventories and the NDC. Specifically, the capacity development efforts under this project and its emphasis on strengthening and harmonizing legislation on MRV will contribute to an enhanced legal and strategic framework for sustainable management of natural, cultural and energy resources (as stated under Outcome 5 of UNDAF 2015-2019 for Bosnia and Herzegovina). They will also support progress under SDG 13: Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts, particularly Target 13.2, which focuses on integrate climate change measures into policies, strategies, and planning, and Target 13.3, which focuses on improving human and institutional capacity for climate change mitigation and adaptation.
To achieve this desired change, the Project will support the country in several ways. It will strengthen relevant legislation, including secondary legislation, it will support coordination among MRV institutions, it will design and launch an MRV system for reporting under Article 13 that can also support other environmental reporting commitments, it will strengthen the GHG inventory of BiH and its NDC, it will integrate gender considerations into MRV, and it will support a regional peer exchange.
Under the overall guidance of the CCA Project Manager, the Project Assistant will provide support services ensuring high quality, accuracy, and consistency of work. Project Assistant will be responsible for technical and logistical assistance to CCA Project Manager while implementing activities under the CBIT project.
The incumbent will be based in UNDP BiH office in Banja Luka.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Overall technical, administrative, and logistical support to CBIT Project activities
- Assist the Project Manager and Project Coordinator in the implementation of technical and operational activities for the preparation of the outputs
- Review technical and support information on climate change studies, projects and initiatives that may contribute to the Project activities
- Participate in the planning, organizing and execution of Project activities
- Organize and coordinate information exchanges internationally and between participating institutions
- Compile and prepare the documentation necessary for the procurement of services, good and supplies under the project
- Maintain the Project’s files and supporting documentation for payments
- Draft routine official correspondence and assists in the preparation of various reports
2. Support to the Project teams in implementation of CBIT Project business processes
- Support drafting of the terms of references for international and local consultants and experts to be hired for the implementation of the project
- Assist the Project Coordinator in the selection process of the consultants to be hired by the Project according to the rules and procedures established by UNDP
- Perform the procurement of services, good and supplies authorized by the Project Coordinator
- Prepare the payment requests as authorized by the Project Coordinator
- Organize translation and interpretation services in accordance with business processes
3. Support to Business Process Quality Assurance
- Facilitate that business processes followed by the projects are in line with the UNDP rules and regulations, policies, and internal control framework
- Assist in timely reporting and participate in the drafting of the reports
- Prepare administrative, technical, and financial reports
- Assist the Project coordinator in monitoring of disbursements in accordance with the Project Budget and Disbursement Plan
4. Support to the Project teams in effective mainstreaming of gender equality
- Provide effective support in mainstreaming gender equality in the projects implementation and makes sure that knowledge on gender equality is incorporated in the project’s knowledge management activities and products
- Provide effective support to the Project Manager in incorporating gender equality in all the areas of implementation of projects components, in the organization of the project evaluations and audits
- Ensure that all collected data related to the project are gender and age disaggregated and evaluated from the gender point of view
Results-Based Programme Development and Management/Contributing to results through provision of information
- Provides information and documentation on specific stages of projects/programme implementation
- Provides background information to identify opportunities for project development and helps drafting proposals
Building Strategic Partnerships/ Maintaining information and databases
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
Innovation and Marketing New Approaches/Implementing processes and uses products
- Documents and tracks innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches
Resource Mobilization/Providing information for resource mobilization strategies
- Maintains information/databases on potential and actual donors if appropriate
- Maintains database of project files
- Provides data and information needed for preparation of project documents
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing/Basic research and analysis
- Research best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise/ Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Ability to perform a variety of standard tasks related to contract, asset, and procurement management, including screening, collecting and preparation of documentation, data processing, preliminary bids evaluation, filing, provision of information, control of assets
- Ability to review a variety of data, identify and adjust discrepancies, identify, and resolve operational problems
Client Orientation/ Maintains effective client relationships
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Establishes, builds, and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients
- Responds to client needs promptly
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating teamwork
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each employee.
- Informed and transparent decision making
Required Skills and Experience
- University degree in business administration, finance, or related disciplines
- Secondary education with additional three years of experience may be accepted in lieu of University Degree
- At least two years of administrative work experience (5 with secondary education)
- Excellent writing, editing, and oral communication skills in English.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Project Assistant 1
- Ekonomija i menadžment
- / 0 - 0 RSD
Osnovna znanja i vještine
Specijalna znanja i vještine