Oglas namijenjen i osobama čije je školovanje u toku
NOTE: Signed Offeror’s Letter to UNDP Confirming Interest and availability - https://www.ba.undp.org/content/dam/bosnia_and_herzegovina/docs/Operations/Jobs/Offerors%20Letter%20to%20UNDP%20Confirming%20Interest%20and%20Availability.docx - Letter to UNDP Confirming Interest and Availability.docx - to be sent to e-mail email@example.com with Subject: Job ID 98743.
As a party to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), Bosnia and Herzegovina (B&H) has undertaken important steps towards understanding and addressing climate change issues. It is increasingly recognized not only by the Government and scientific community, but also by its citizens that climate change is an issue of key strategic importance. B&H has put great emphasis on climate change as one of the most significant development challenges facing the country. The importance of adaptation was clearly reflected in its Second National Communications and Climate Change Adaptation and Low Emission Development Strategy (CCA LEDs), adopted in 2013. In 2015, B&H submitted its Intended Nationally Determined Contributions (INDC), as part of the negotiations leading to the historic Paris Agreement, which it signed in April 2016.
Authorities of Bosnia and Herzegovina and key domestic stakeholders realize the increasing threat posed to them and the development of the country by climate change and the need of adapting to it in order to avoid or minimise negative consequences. The government is motivated to support and implement the national adaptation planning process as adaptation issues are becoming very important for the country’s further development.
The overall project’s objective is to support the Government of Bosnia and Herzegovina to advance the national adaptation planning process. Green Climate Fund (GCF) resources will be used to enable the government to integrate climate change related risks, coping strategies and opportunities into ongoing development planning and budgeting processes. The project will advance adaptation planning in B&H with a focus on most vulnerable sectors such as water management, agriculture, forestry etc., upgrading the knowledge base for adaptation, prioritizing adaptation interventions for the medium term, building institutional capacities for integrating climate change adaptation and demonstrating innovative ways of financing adaptation at the sub-national/local government level. Activities will build up on existing analysis and studies developed under national communications, including draft Fourth National Communication to UNFCCC.
The overall objective of this assignment is to provide support to Service Provider in analysis of the climate change impact on the agricultural sector from the aspect of yield reduction and the adaptation need in context of irrigation and/or drainage in the area of intermmediate Sava river basin, from Bijeljina to confluence of Una river to Sava river. Overall area of work is approximately 250,000 hA.
Duties and Responsibilities
The consultant should work in close cooperation with selected Service Provider (SP) „Zavod za vodoprivredu doo“ Bijeljina and under the guidance and supervision of the UNDP project manager. Specifically, his\her responsibilities are but not limited to the following:
- Provide necessary support and inputs to selected Service Provider in collecting and updating necessary data layers of pedology, hydrology, vegetative cover, erosion (if available), etc, perform analysis of strategic agriculture plans and development directions of municipalities from FBiH: Domaljevac-Šamac, Odžak, Orašje and Brcko District (BD);
- In cooperation with the SP, especially with the expert of hydraulic engineering, prepare questionnaires for local communities of the target area to identify potential/perspective irrigation areas, and assess water/irrigation needs;
- In cooperaton with SP, especially with engaged hydrotehnical engineer, perform water needs assessment in a given area including 16 municipalities/cities of the target area: Domaljevac-Šamac, Odžak, Orašje, Brcko, Bijeljina, Brod, Derventa, Donji Žabar, Gradiška, Kozarska Dubica, Modrica, Pelagicevo, Prnjavor, Srbac, Šamac, Vukosavlje;
- Based on available data and and data collected through questionnaires filled in local communities of the subject area, assess the current extent of agricultural production of the entire target area (16 municipalities);
- Assess impact of climate change on agricultural production, analyze the reduction of yield of the economicaly most important crops, for dry and extremely dry periods/years within the target area of 16 municipalities (the immediate Sava River Basin in the Republika Srpska, the Federation of BiH and BD);
- Provide support and inputs to the SP in defining of methodology, concepts of measures to mitigate climate change impact on agriculture of target area;
- Address comments of relevant BiH institutions on the Study.
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treats all people fairly without favouritism;
- Fulfils all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication and diplomatic skills, ability to work in a team;
- Openness to change and ability to receive/integrate feedback;
- Ability to work under pressure and stressful situations;
- Strong analytical, reporting and writing abilities;
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
Required Skills and Experience
- MSc in Agriculture;
- Minimum 10-year experience in working in agricultural sector in BiH;
- Proven experience in areas relevant to climate change;
- Experience in analysis of CC impact and adaptation in agriculture will be taken as an asset;
- Good understanding of climate change adaptation and sustainable development issues;
- Knowledge of the environmental issues in BiH;
- Knowledge and understanding of the relevant EU directives.
- Knowledge of BHS languages is required;
- Knowledge of English language will be considered as asset.
Individual will be evaluated based on the following methodology:
When using this weighted scoring method, the award of the contract should be made to the candidate whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
a) responsive/compliant/acceptable, and
b) Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation.
- Technical Criteria weight-70%
- Financial Criteria weight- 30%
Interested candidated must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications:
- Explaining why they are the most suitable for the work;
- Provide a brief methodology on how they will approach and conduct the work;
Please scan all above mentioned documents and upload as one attachment only online through this website.
- For an assignment requiring travel, consultants of 65 years or more require full medical examination and statement of fitness to work to engage in the consultancy.
- Due to large number of potential applicants, only competitively selected candidates will be contacted for remaining steps of the service procurement process.
Local Consultant CC Agriculture Expert 1
- Ekonomija i menadžment
- / 0 - 0 RSD
Osnovna znanja i vještine
Specijalna znanja i vještine