Oglas namijenjen i osobama čije je školovanje u toku
Title Communications Associate
Job ID 38490
Practice Area - Job Family Crisis Prevention and Recovery
Vacancy End Date (Midnight New York, USA) 23/07/2021
Duty Station Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Education & Work Experience G-Bachelor's Level Degree - 4 year(s) experience
Languages Desired: English
Vacancy Type Service Contract (SC)
Posting Type External
Bureau Europe & the CIS
Contract Duration 6 months, with possibility of extension
BIH citizens only
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Please note that the person selected for this position will be offered a contract with UNDP under its National Personnel Services Agreement (N-PSA) modality; the UNDP Service Contract modality is phasing out over the coming year. More information about the N-PSA is available here [link to the N-PSA POPP https://bit.ly/3gaGFud)
Joint Programme “Disaster Risk Reduction for Sustainable Development in Bosnia and Herzegovina“ is financed by the Government of Switzerland and the United Nations (UN), implemented by the UN agencies: UNDP, UNICEF, UNESCO, UNFPA and FAO in partnership with domestic authorities. The first phase is being implemented from 2019 and it will last until 2022.
The Programme will introduce and operationalize an integrated model of disaster risk governance and livelihood enhancement at the local level, as a springboard to a bottom-up introduction of DRR governance in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Also, aim is to address key DRR priorities identified by 10 local governments and various stakeholders across various sectors: protection and rescue, education, social and child protection, health, and agriculture, improving local DRR coordination mechanisms, as well as affirming risk-informed strategic planning processes with focus on the most vulnerable population groups.
Within „Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) for Sustainable Development in Bosnia and Herzegovina Joint Programme” an increased need emerged for improvement of promotional and visibility acitivities. In this regard, a Communication Assistant will be engaged (herein after the CA), to facilitate these activities.
The engagement is planned within the first phase of the Joint Swiss UN Programme „Disaster Risk Reduction for Sustainable Development in Bosnia and Herzegovina”, aiming to support people – with focus on the most vulnerable – and high-risk local communities in Bosnia and Herzegovina to prepare for and adapt to disaster risks and shocks across various development sectors.
Under the overall guidance of the DRR UN Joint Programme Coordinator, the Communications Associate would support the JP DRR team in promotional and visibilty activities of the JP DRR Programme.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily administration of social media channels used by the DRR JP (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter), including preparation and posting of content),
- Producing PR and communications content for DRR JP (including but not limited to media advisories, press releases, interviews, photos, human-interest stories and/or reportages securing related photographs), support in production of video and photo stories and development of messages per targeted audiences,
- Assisting DRR JP team in adapting the global DRR content to the local context,
- On daily basis coordinating and supporting communication activities implementation, information gathering, production and dissemination of communications and PR content among UN project team and implementing partners,
- Support with coordination and organization of DRR JP events (workshops, trainings, conferences, field visits, etc.);
- Support in preparation of content for polls on DRR;
- Quality control and support in media monitoring to ensure all PR and communication products use agreed messaging and are in line with agreed PR and communication and visibility guidelines and standards.
Core Behavioural Competencies:
- Demonstrate focus on achieving quality results and impact
- Consistently strive to meet or exceed excellence standardsPropose new ideas, approaches, and solutions to problems Proactively seek feedback, demonstrates a desire to learn from others as well as from experiences, both positive and negative Be flexible in handling change, and adopt new ideas, approaches, and ways of working
Adapt with Agility:
- Seamlessly adapt to working within new situations or contexts, with new people, and in different ways;
- Participate in, support, contribute to or drive meaningful change in UNDP
Act with determination:
- Demonstrate and encourage teamwork and co-creation internally and externally to achieve joint objectives and results
Engage and Partner:
- Encourage and respect the views of others; accept views and ideas other than one’s own
Enable Diversity and Inclusion:
- Treat all individuals with respect, consider ethical implications and respond sensitively to all differences among people
- Fully accept and value all people, creating an inclusive environment
- Understand that inclusion is multi-faceted (e.g. race, gender, age, disability, culture, etc.)
- Treat everyone fairly and equally
- Demonstrate honesty and transparency.
Cross - Functional Competencies:
Integration within the UN:
- Ability to identity, and integrate capacity and assets of the UN system, and engage in joint work; knowledge of the UN System and ability to apply this knowledge to strategic and/or practical situations
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience
- Ability to manage communications internally and externally, through media, social media and other appropriate channels
Digital Awareness and Literacy:
- Ability and inclination to rapidly adopt new technologies, either through skilfully grasping their usage or through understanding their impact and empowering others to use them as needed
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum Academic Education
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, marketing, or related social sciences
- Minimum years of relevant Work experience
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience in journalism/communication/advocacy
- Required Language(s) (at working level)
- Excellent English and B/S/C language skills, both written and oral.
- Professional networks and contacts with media outlets and journalists;
- Proficiency in web/social media content management.
Important applicant information
All posts in the NPSA categories are subject to local recruitment.
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Communications Associate 1
- Psihologija i sociologija
- Ekonomija i menadžment
- Srednja škola
- / 0 - 0 RSD
Osnovna znanja i vještine
Specijalna znanja i vještine