Oglas namijenjen i osobama čije je školovanje u toku
SCOPE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
In this context, IOM is looking for a Research Assistant to support the Ministry of Security, Sector for Civil Protection, to collect information for and draft a rapid assessment of (1) the risks the migrant population currently in the country may be exposed to and (2) the level of integration of refugee and migrant reception facilities in the Civil Protection Disaster Preparedness and Response Plans. The aim of the rapid assessment is to take a snapshot of the current situation and make recommendations to the relevant actors to include the migrant population in Preparedness and Response Plans and mechanisms.
- The rapid assessment report should be no more than 20 pages long. The proposed structure of the report is the following:
- Background, rationale and objective of the assessment (1 page)
- Brief overview of the legislative context (1 page)
- Mapping of main areas of migrant concentration, description of the population at risk, overview of the risks the migrant population is exposed to in these areas and estimated impact of potential disasters (up to 8 pages)
- Mapping of municipal Risk Assessment and Disaster Response Plans and assessment of the level of integration of the migrant reception facilities and migrant population within these documents (up to 8 pages)
- Conclusions (1 page)
- Recommendations to relevant actors (2 pages)
Under the supervision of IOM program management, and in close coordination with BiH Ministry of Security, Sector for Civil Protection, the Research Assistant is expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Agree with the Ministry of Security, Sector for Civil Protection, a schedule of field visits to main refugee and migrant concentration points/reception facilities (Sarajevo and Una-Sana Canton).
- Assist the Ministry of Security, Sector for Civil Protection, to conduct a rapid desk research to review relevant legislation, strategic documents and action plans in the area of Disaster Risk Reduction and Management and Migration Management, risk assessments, relevant Civil Protection plans and any other document relevant for the purpose of the rapid assessment.
- Jointly with the representative of the Ministry Security, Sector for Civil Protection, conduct field visits to migrant reception facilities and engage in consultations with relevant actors, including mayors, migrant reception facilities’ management, civil protection, mountain rescue organizations, and the Red Cross and Red Crescent, to collect additional data and information. Visits are indicatively envisaged in Sarajevo Canton and Una-Sana Canton (Bihac, Cazin and Velika Kladusa).
- Assist the Ministry of Security, Sector for Civil Protection, in the preparation of a draft assessment report.
- Provide any assistance required by the Ministry of Security, Sector for Civil Protection, during the presentation of key findings and recommendations at a stakeholder dissemination and validation workshop (the costs of the workshop will be borne by IOM).
- Support the Ministry of Security, Sector for Civil Protection, to integrate comments received by stakeholders at the validation workshop in the final rapid assessment report.
The implementation of the tasks set will lead to the following deliverables:
- Conduct of field visits and consultations and delivery of inputs for the draft report.
- Provision of assistance during the validation workshop and in the finalization of the report.
- Dates for each deliverable will be agreed upon with IOM prior to signing the contract.
TIMEFRAME OF THE CONSULTANCY
- The duration of the consultancy is 30 working days within two months from the day of signature of the contract. The end date of the contract cannot exceed 25 August 2019.
- The Research Assistant will provide IOM with regular reports on the progress of the assignment. All outputs of the assignments shall be conditioned by IOM approval.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONSAND EXPERIENCE
The incumbent is expected to have the following competencies and expertise:
- Bachelor degree in in Emergency Management, Security Studies, Engineering, Planning, Geography, or related field from a reputable university.
- Master’s Degree in the above areas is considered an advantage.
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in Disaster Risk Reduction, Civil Protection or equivalent.
- Previous active participation in similar researches and assessments.
- Experience in working with or for refugee and migrant populations is an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of any of the languages spoken in Bosnia and Herzegovina (written and spoken).
- Good knowledge of English (written and spoken).
Desirable Competencies and skills
- Good understanding and knowledge of the subject matter.
- Good analytical, research, reporting and communication skills.
- Excellent drafting/writing ability.
- Risk Assessment License is an advantage.
- Demonstrated cultural and gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective and cultural differences into tasks and activities.
- Ability to work independently and receive and accept feedback.
- Flexibility and ability to work in a deadline driven environment.
- Computer literate with ability to operate Windows applications.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and constructive working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds while maintaining impartiality and objectivity.
- Ability and willingness to travel, as needed to achieve the proposed outputs.
- Contracted consultants or individual members of a consultancy organization are not permitted to use any of the gathered data, reported findings, contributions to the draft and final reports to further his/her personal research without IOM prior authorization.
LOCATION AND TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS
- The incumbent is expected to work from home with travel to assessment locations as per preliminary agreement with the IOM Project Manager.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are kindly requested to submit a Curriculum Vitae and financial offer, including timing, availability and expected consultancy fee by email to email@example.com with the email subject “Research Assistant for Rapid Assessment – DRR & Migration Management”. The CV and financial offer should be submitted before 17 June 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please, note that this is only short-term consultancy opportunity. IOM encourages applications from qualified female applicants.
Duty Station: Bosnia and Herzegovina (home-based)
Closing Date: Monday, June 17, 2019
Research Assistant for Rapid Assessment – DRR & Migration Management (m/ž) 1
- Istorija i geografija
- / 0 - 0 RSD
Osnovna znanja i vještine
Specijalna znanja i vještine