Oglas namijenjen i osobama čije je školovanje u toku
Title Project Assistant
Job ID 20105
Practice Area - Job Family Peace Building
Vacancy End Date (Midnight New York, USA) 13/01/2019
Duty Station Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Education & Work Experience C-HS Graduate or Equivalent - 5 year(s) experience, G-Bachelor's Level Degree - 2 year(s) experience
Languages Required: English
Vacancy Type Service Contract (SC)
Posting Type External
Bureau Europe & the CIS
Contract Duration Duration of initial contract is 6 months (project duration is until March 2021)
BIH citizens only
Under the direct supervision of the UNDP BiH RWC Project Coordinator, and the overall supervision of the UNDP Regional War Crimes Chief Technical Advisor (RWC CTA), the RWC Project Assistant will contribute to the implementation of the UNDP Istanbul Regional Hub (IRH) “Regional War Crimes” Project (RWC Project), funded by the United Kingdom (UK).
The RWC Project Assistant will provide administrative and operational support to the implementation of the different project activities, that are coherent with the project framework. S/he will provide substantive administrative support to planned project activities, ensuring their consistency and compliance with the Project Document and Annual Work-plan.
The RWC Project aims to strengthen the rule of law in order to effectively fight impunity for war crimes through supporting regional cooperation for war crimes processing. The project builds on the Platform for Regional Cooperation on processing war crimes and the search for missing persons, established among the State Prosecutors (POs) and the institutions for the search of missing persons of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Montenegro and Serbia, which has been facilitated by UNDP since 2015 under the initiation phase of the project. The platform has supported trust-building among the key actors, re-activation of cross-border communication, exchange of information and evidence, and commitment to joint investigations.
The overall aim of RWC Project will be realized through the achievement of the following project outputs:
- Strengthened regional cooperation among prosecution services through improvement of the legal framework for cross-border cooperation aimed at increased efficiency of the war crimes processing in BiH, Croatia, Montenegro, Serbia;
- Establishment of cross-border victim and witness support system and framework of regional consultations between the victims’ associations and Prosecutors Offices (POs), including enhanced communication with victims and the public.
Overall, the project will contribute to maximizing societal impact of criminal proceedings and other transitional justice processes contributing to a conducive environment for reconciliation and sustaining peace in the region. It will do so through expediting the prosecution of war crimes, enhancing cross-border support to victims and witnesses, facilitating regional dialogue among POs and between them and other relevant institutions and victims’ associations, as well as promoting transparent and data-based communication and public outreach on processing of war crimes cases.
The RWC Project Assistant will be expected to closely coordinate his/her activities with the UNDP RWC Project Officer and UNDP BiH Justice and Security Sector Associate.
The incumbent will be based in UNDP BiH office in Sarajevo.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of the UNDP RWC Project Coordinator the Project Assistant will provide support to the RWC Project, with due respect to UNDP rules and regulations and in accordance with the UNDP internal control framework.
The Project Assistant will have the following main functions:
Assist the implementation of the RWC project in terms of administrative, operational and financial responsibilities:
- Support the development of Annual Work Plans, Procurement Plans and Financial Disbursement Plans to be implemented in accordance with the approved Project Document;
- Assist in the effective implementation of RWC project activities as per Project Document and Annual Work Plan;
- Provide assistance in the development and implementation of procurement and capacity building activities in the area of countering illicit arms trafficking in accordance with the Annual Work Plan;
- Assist the coordination of project activities among project consultants and services/goods providers, including but not limited to the preparation of terms of reference for the selection of external partners (individuals or companies);
- Ensure efficiency in the provision of information and support to national project stakeholders in coordination with the RWC Project Coordinator;
- Support to other projects within the UNDP BiH Justice and Security Sector in terms of administrative, operational and financial responsibilities on as needed basis;
- Assist in the organization of field visits, missions, workshops, training, round-tables and conferences within the project;
- Maintains and updates all administrative, personnel and financial files and records as well as general office files related to the project.
Continuous Business Process Quality Assurance in accordance with UNDP Rules and Regulations:
- Facilitate business processes followed by the Project in line with the UNDP Rules and Regulations, applicable procedures and policies and the UNDP Internal Control Framework;
- Monitor and regularly update Global Atlas System Project repositories as well as Project Monitoring Platform and Project Risk and Issues logs ensuring that they are regularly updated with project indicators, targets and progress/results in coordination with the RWC Project Coordinator;
- Support RWC Project Coordinator in ensuring that procurement and recruitment activities are implemented in due course and as per Procurement Plan, Recruitment Plan and in accordance with UNDP Rules and Procedures;
Provide support in donor and financial reporting and relevant analysis:
- Compile projects Financial, Administrative and Procurement Reports in accordance with the Project Document and donor reporting schedule if applicable;
- Support Project reporting requirements through data collection and analysis, and drafting of various project related reports;
- Assist in analysing and compiling data to measure progress and impact of project’s activities;
- Support the communication and coordination process with donors and keep up to date with donor requirements;
- Coordinate data collection from the field in relation to expected project results;
- Provide feedback on reporting problems and solutions;
- Perform specific operational/control tasks for project activities, including undertaking field visits for specific monitoring and evaluation issues;
- Support RWC Project Coordinator in facilitating various presentations on periodic bases to donors and other stakeholders about the achievement of project results;
Support to project expenditure monitoring and financial management
- Prepare and process all project related financial transactions in Global Atlas System, such as vouchers, requisitions, project budget revisions etc;
- Support periodic and ad-hoc financial reporting to UNDP and other parties, as needed;
- Support the project management in monitoring expenditures and commitments against project budget and relevant financial delivery plans;
- Provide finance-related data to support project implementation, planning and reporting;
- Draft various correspondence concerning finance, operations and budgetary issues as required;
- Assist team members, experts and consultants, in liaison with UNDP IRH, UNDP BiH and UNDP Serbia Operations, on financial and other operational matters;
- Ensure that submissions for the project are prepared in line with the UNDP standards, rules and regulations;
- Coordinate procurement procedures for the project according to the UNDP rules and regulations;
Support to the Project Team in effective mainstreaming of gender equality:
- Support the RWC Project in ensuring gender mainstreaming throughout all project activities, work plans, budgets, reports, research and analyses;
- Ensure gender equality is mainstreamed throughout the project.
Functional Competencies/ Support the preparation of information for advocacy
- Identifies relevant information for advocacy for a variety of audiences
Results-Based Programme Development and Management/Contributing to results through provision of information
- Provides information and documentation on specific stages of projects/programme implementation.
Building Strategic Partnerships/ Maintaining information and databases
- Analyses general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives.
Innovation and Marketing New Approaches/Implementing processes and uses products
- Documents and tracks innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches.
Resource Mobilization/Providing information for resource mobilization strategies
- Maintains information/databases on potential and actual donors;
- Maintains database of project files;
- Provides data and information needed for preparation of project documents.
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing/Basic research and analysis
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things.
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise/Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position.
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks.
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments.
- Ability to perform a variety of standard tasks related to data analysis, collecting and preparation of documentation, data processing and consolidating, filing, provision of information.
- Ability to review a variety of data, identify and adjust discrepancies, identify and resolve operational problems.
Client Orientation/ Maintains effective client relationships
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion;
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines;
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients;
- Responds to client needs promptly.
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work;
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively both orally and in written;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Ability to successfully manage competing priorities;
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure.
Required Skills and Experience
- BA degree in law, economics, business or related field;
- Secondary education with additional three years of experience may be taken into the consideration in lieu of university degree.
- 2 years of relevant programme or administrative experience in case of university degree;
- 5 years of relevant programme or administrative experience in case of secondary education;
- Experience in coordination and communication with Project's stakeholders and fieldwork;
- Knowledge of finance management system used by UNDP would be an asset;
- Basic understanding of M&E would be an asset;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in English and official languages of BIH, with excellent drafting and presentation skills.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
You can apply HERE.
Project Assistant (m/f) 1
- Ekonomija i menadžment
- / 0 - 0 RSD
Osnovna znanja i vještine
Specijalna znanja i vještine