Oglas namijenjen i osobama čije je školovanje u toku
Based on experiences in Bosnia and Herzegovina, and at the initiative of the BiH Presidency, the participating UN agencies’ (UNDP, UNICEF, UNESCO) country teams in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro and Serbia developed a joint multi-country (regional) programme to foster regional dialogue and address barriers to social cohesion in and among the countries concerned. Due to BiH’s geographic position in the Western Balkans, its complex demographic structure and (in recent history) challenging political dynamics, inter-communal tensions and trends echo the loudest across this particular country. The impetus for the current multi-country programme recognizes that social divisions and negative dynamics in the region continue to generate tensions that hamper progress toward stronger social cohesion, stability and trust among all the populations living here.
This programme posits the hypothesis that if members from different (ethnic) groups in the region, and especially youth, are sufficiently capacitated to engage in constructive dialogue and provided structured opportunities to identify social cohesion priorities and communicate them to their elected leaders and relevant institutions through dialogue platforms, and address them through joint projects and activities, then this will ensure broad-based participation and create partnerships across the participating countries in pursuit of commonly identified priorities because skill-building for constructive dialogue, identification of common social cohesion priorities and joint action to address them will help break down barriers among various groups and help build a sense of connectedness and understanding, which are requisite in resilience to conflict.
This joint multi-country programme is complementary to the European Commission’s Strategy for the Western Balkans (WB), adopted in February 2018, which puts reconciliation, good neighborly relations and regional cooperation in focus. Activities and results under this joint programme also contribute to the implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, particularly goals 4, 5, 11, 16, 17.
Activities planned under the joint regional programme have the following:
Outcome: Stability and trust in the region, and especially in Bosnia and Herzegovina, are enhanced.
- Output 1.1: Different groups in the region, and youth in particular, acquire and practice skills to help break stereotypes and constructively interact across divides.
- Output 1.2: Citizens from different groups jointly identify and implement actions that can promote social cohesion in the region, especially in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Output 1.3: Policy recommendations to improve social cohesion in the region are effectively advocated for and endorsed by authorities and relevant stakeholders.
UNDP Country Office in Bosnia and Herzegovina, in capacity of Convening Agent and on behalf of participating UN agencies, is seeking to recruit a Joint UN Regional Programme Coordinator to ensure overall coordination and complementarity among UN teams in the participating countries.
Duties and Responsibilities
Overall regional programme coordination and implementation of common activities:
- Provides the overall coordination of the project activities in the participating countries, in close consultation with Joint National Programme Coordinators, to achieve the intended outcome and outputs of the Joint Regional DFF programme;
- Reports to, and receives overall guidance from the Joint Programme Board and Convening Agent, to assure the overall direction and integrity of the Project;
- Coordinates closely, and shares timely information, with the Peace and Development Unit (PDU) in order that the latter can ensure overall strategic oversight, quality assurance, guidance and technical advice from a political/conflict prevention/sustaining peace/peacebuilding perspective.
- Prepares for regular meetings of the Joint Programme Board, elaborates supporting presentations and materials, etc;
- Ensures that the project is implemented in full compliance with the UN Development Group (UNDG) Guidance Note on Joint Programmes;
- Builds, motivates and coordinates a high performing team consisting of project personnel, expert consultants, service providers, and conducts performance assessments of the core implementation team;
- Provides direction and guidance to the core implementation team;
- Manages financial allocations and approves expenditures of common coordination activities according to the authority delegated and ensures timely payments in accordance with UNDP rules and regulations;
- In agreement with Joint Programme Board, presents the Joint Programme to all relevant stakeholders;
- Ensures wide dissemination and visibility of Joint Regional Programme achievements, as per guidelines of Joint Programme Board;
- Complies with security and safety requirements and regulations and ensures the same are respected by all Project personnel;
- Supports synergies between Joint Programme intervention and other ongoing regional projects and initiatives;
- Participates, as agreed with Joint Programme Board in national and international forums, on behalf of the Joint Regional Programme, making substantive contributions as appropriate;
Coordinate, in cooperation with participating UN agencies, project monitoring, reporting and quality assurance based on the principles of result-based management;
- Coordinates implementation of all common activities, such as joint communications strategy, regional baseline/end line public perception study, independent final evaluation of the Joint Programme, organization of regional dialogue platforms;
- Guides the design and regular use of adequate Project monitoring tools and systems, enabling evidence-based tracking of progress, achievements and results, against the Project Results Framework;
- Ensures that all programme-related issues and risks are identified and reported in a timely manner and suggests corrective measures;
- Coordinates and prepares regular progress reports for the Joint Programme Board and the donor, in line with the Project document.
Coordination of partnerships and advocacy activities;
- Under overall guidance of the Joint Programme Board, supports establishment of good working relations with relevant institutional and organisational partners, as well as with main international organisations working in the domain of peacebuilding;
- Supports and participates in relevant technical governmental or non-governmental working groups in the field of peacebuilding;
- Coordinates activities of the Joint Regional Programme in participating countries, and shares timely information, with Heads of participating agencies, Peace and Development Unit and Resident Coordinators Offices;
- Animates effective dialogue, with partners and among stakeholders, and supports engagement of the Joint Programme Board with relevant donors;
Joint programme knowledge management and gender mainstreaming.
- Supports continuous learning by the Joint Implementation team and contributes to the UN thematic knowledge and practitioners’ networks;
- Ensures coordinated dissemination of information and knowledge management within the Joint Implementation Team for effective joint programme implementation and facilitates knowledge building;
- Ensures gender is effectively mainstreamed throughout the joint programme activities, work plans, budgets, reports, researches, analyses and, where specifically relevant, analyzed in detail;
- Ensures knowledge on gender equality is incorporated in joint programme knowledge management activities and products.
Advocacy/Advancing A Policy-Oriented Agenda/Preparing information for advocacy
- Identifies and communicates relevant information for a variety of audiences for advocating Joint Regional Programme results
Results-Based Programme Development and Management/Contributes into results through primary research and analysis
- Assesses project performance to identify success factors and incorporates best practices into project work
- Researches linkages across programme activities to identify critical points of integration
- Monitors specific stages of projects/programme implementation
- Participates in the formulation of project proposals and ensures substantive rigor in the design and application of proven successful approaches and drafts proposals accordingly
Building Strategic Partnerships/Maintaining a network of contacts
- Maintains an established network of contacts for general information sharing and to remain up-to-date on partnership related issues
- Analyzes and selects materials for strengthening strategic alliances with partners and stakeholders
- Establishes and nurtures positive communication with partners
Innovation and Marketing New Approaches/Enhancing processes or products
- Seeks a broad range of perspectives in developing project proposals
- Generates regional and innovative ideas and effective solutions to problems
- Looks at experience critically, drawing lessons, and building them into the design of new approaches
- Identifies new approaches and promotes their use in other situations
- Documents successes and uses them to project a positive image
Resource Mobilization/Providing inputs to resource mobilization strategies to support sustainability of project results
- Analyses information on potential donors, national and regional counterparts to recommend a strategic approach
- Identifies and compiles lessons learned
- Identifies opportunities for project proposals for presentation to donors
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing/Basic research and analysis
- Demonstrates ability to diagnose problems and identifies and communicates processes to support change initiatives
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies and new approaches
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise/Fundamental knowledge of own discipline
- Understands more advanced aspects of primary area of specialization as well as the fundamental concepts of related disciplines
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding and knowledge of the current guidelines and project management tools and utilizes these regularly in work assignments
Client Orientation/Establishing effective client relationships
- Researches potential solutions to internal and external client needs and reports back in a timely, succinct and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Anticipates client needs and addresses them promptly
- Keeps the client informed of problems or delays in the provision of services
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Builds effective teams, bringing diverse background, skills and expertise to maximize innovation and goal achievement
- Creates a work environment which minimizes stress and ensures an even distribution of work load
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Proven communication and advocacy skills, and ability to work in an environment requiring liaison and cooperation with multiple actors including government representatives, donors and other stakeholders
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each employee.
- Informed and transparent decision making
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’ degree in public administration, development studies, economics, political sciences, social sciences, or other related areas.
- BA degree in public administration, development studies, economics, political sciences, social sciences, or other related areas with additional two years of experience may be accepted in lieu of MA.
- At least five years of relevant work experience in direct programme/project management;
- Previous strong experience in programming of local, national and regional projects in the areas of social cohesion, peacebuilding, reconciliation/trust-building/dialogue, social inclusion, governance, human rights and/or other development sphere;
- Rich previous experience in partnering and interaction with governmental institutions at state/entity/local levels, as well as with civil society organizations;
- Experience in the field of grant management is considered as an asset;
- Previous experience in management / implementation of joint UN programmes would be considered as a significant asset;
Language and other Requirements:
- Fluency in English and official languages of participating countries;
- Willingness to travel within the Western Balkan countries.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
You can apply via option
Joint Programme Coordinator 1
- Ekonomija i menadžment
- Marketing i PR
- Računovodstvo i revizija
- / 0 - 0 RSD
Osnovna znanja i vještine
Specijalna znanja i vještine